Thursday, October 27, 2005

What's in a name?

Finally, I have my blog!

Is this just about the most favorite opening statement in each blog? I wonder.

Anyway, I have moved mountains, crossed the seven seas, fought the dragon, and created my blog! What a pain to come up with a name for this darned thing. Ranging from wanderlust to edsblog, and from braindump to compasspointe - purely inspired by the name of a street near where I live - I had to go through a myriad in my head. How do I select a name that is cool yet not too silly, smart but not too nerdy, hip but not too weird? Oh well, what do I know? I can only babble, and it does not matter, anyway. Which is precisely what I will call my blog!

It makes me skeptical if this blog phenom will catch up in my confused, over-ambitious, perfectionist brain, given that I took so long to just come up with a name! Am I going to struggle with each and every line that I write, wondering if there is a better way to say what I did? Am I trying to impress others or myself? Are there even going to be others? Would I have corrected this posting many times before I posted this?

We'll see!

No comments: